Banhoek Chilli Oil Pomodoro Soup Recipe
Pomodoro Soup Recipe
By Banhoek Chilli Oil
SERVES: 2 - 3
PREP & COOK: 50 MINUTES
Ingredients:• 30ml Banhoek Chilli Oil
• 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
• 3 Bay Leaves
• 5ml Cumin
• 5ml Smoked Paprika
• 2 Tbsp Sugar
• 10g Parsley (chopped)
• 10g Basil (chopped)
• 10g Garlic (crushed)
• 1/2 Onion (chopped)
• 500g Tomatoes (chopped)
• 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
• 250ml Vegan Chicken Stock
• 125ml plant-based Cream
*Season to taste.
- In a medium-size pot on a low heat, melt the vegan butter. Add Banhoek Chilli Oil, garlic and chopped onions and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add the bay leaves and all the spices then stir to mix through. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomato paste and sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegan chicken stock and the tomato and cook until tomatoes have softened.
- Add the parsley and basil and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the plant-based cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, blend the mixture until preferred consistency and season to taste. Serve with croutons or fresh bread.
Serve while hot and enjoy this cozy season!