Homemade Italian Pizza Perfection
Homemade Pizza Recipe
Recipe by Banhoek Chilli Oil's Chef Ul-rick.
- 805grams Flour
- 25grams Salt
- 1gram Active yeast
- 440ml Water
- 5ml Olive oil/ or Banhoek Chilli Oil
- Countertop mixer with dough hook attachment
- Water jug
- Pizza paddle
- If you do not have these equipment requirements, no problem! Just knead the dough by hand.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, and salt and mix on a low speed for 10 seconds.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to medium, and slowly add the water and yeast mixture. Let the mixer run for 10 minutes. If, during this time, you see flour at the bottom of the bowl, stop the mixer and knead the dough by hand to incorporate the flour.
- Oil a big enough bowl for your dough. Place the dough ball in the bowl. Tightly cover it with plastic wrap and rest for 20 minutes. After the dough has rested, portion it into 260 grams per portion and place it in a big enough tray covered for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge but preferred 24 hours.
- Dough balls are ready to shape and add your favourite toppings.
- Cook your pizza in a hot oven.
- Drizzle with some Banhoek Chilli Oil for the perfect bite of flavour and enjoy!