Christmas Gammon Recipe with Banhoek Chilli Oil
Banhoek Chilli Oil Christmas gammon
Treat your tastebuds and elevate your holiday celebration with our Banhoek Chilli oil Christmas gammon. The perfect festive meal!
- 2.5kg gammon
- 160 ml pineapple juice
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 160 ml orange juice
- 100g sugar
- 3x whole Star anise
- 3x bay leaves
- 5X whole cloves
- 100g honey
- 15ml Banhoek Chilli Oil
- In a large pot, bring water to the boil. Add the gammon (in its bag) and simmer for 2 hours(turn the gammon over halfway through for the last hour).
- Leave the gammon in the water until the water cools to a lukewarm temperature.
- Add all the liquids and spices to a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes (be careful not to burn the glaze).
- Remove the gammon from the bag and score the fat on the gammon about 1cm deep.
- Place the gammon on a roasting rack in an oven-proof tray.
- Glaze the gammon then roast for 10 minutes at 160°C. Glaze again, rotate the tray and roast for another 10 minutes. Glaze for the final time and roast for 30 minutes.
- Carve into thin slices and enjoy!
If you love Banhoek Chilli Oil as much as we do, drizzle a dash over your meat for the perfect bite of flavour.